Sunday, March 28, 2010

Story Progress

So most of you know that I am writing a novel, literally. So, I have made a new section on the side bar that shows my progress in writing. It shows how many words I have written so far. I have a goal of 70,000 words and I am allowed to go under it. However, I can not go below it. It is going really well so far. I can't tell you anything thats happening because if my book one day gets published and you know what happens you won't want to read it. However I did post the first chapter in the January 2010 section of blogs. It is called first chapter (obviously). The first chapter is a very rough. I have changed bits and pieces and it probably has loads of mistakes, but it gives you a rough idea of what is happening in my story.
So all of you know, it is a romance novel. The main female character isn't introduced until chapter 4. The first few chapters just introduce the main male character and his background. For the first part, Haley (the main female character) has her own plot line, eventually it will intertwine with the other plot line. That is all I can tell you.
If my friends post on this blog saying that they like how my story is progressing, it is because I have allowed them to read it as I write. I mean I do need SOME critiques. Not that they have many negative comments, because they are too nice for that, plus they love my characters.
Another thing I can tell you about my story is that the chapters are all different lengths. It can go from about 4 pages on word to 10 pages on word, double-spaced size 9 DejaVu LGC Sans font.
I really want to tell you more, but I'm not allowed. So I will talk to you later! Bye.

1 comment:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED to read the new version!!! EEEEEEE

    Wow, you've written like 10%! Nice going!

    ReplyDelete